Observations of science and art in coordinated natural movements
“The Pilates Method”
The prime consideration that one must be willing to accept when making a decision to become more fit is the fact that exercise must be continued throughout life to sustain any benefits you gain from it.
Two emphasized movements exist in Pilates: Western exercise approach which focuses attention on muscle tone, strength and motion. Eastern approach on being centered, calm, whole with an emphasis on stretching and limberness.
Principles Of The “Method”
- Concentration to the movements
- All physical motion completely controlled by the mind
- Physical center where all motion originates & strengthening this center
- Flowing motion outward from a strong center
- Seek precision in coordinating all movements
- Learn to breathe, coordinating breath with each movement of an exercise
Philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer said “To neglect one’s body for any other advantage in life is the greatest of follies”